May 8, 2010

I love books...

I love books and I love read. I grew up in a "humanist" family.. with a lot of books in our bookshelves. Stories, biology, encyclopedias, dictionaries, fantasy, education, psychology.. Several topics were available, always within reach of my hand.

Immersed in the pages of a book is one of the most pleasurable experiences there.



Currently, for requirements of the university, I read many books of art, philosophy and history. Among them I discovered a new author: Susan Sontag, that is one of my new favourite.

But in my spare time (the short time I have between many pages of study) I enjoy reading fantasy stories.


The story of Harry Potter was part of my adolescence, and the books of "The Lord of the Rings" written by Tolkien. Recently discovered Cornelia Funke, author of the book "Inkheart". Nor stranger to fashion, I read the Twilight saga that I enjoyed a lot. This kind of book allows us to ignore our reality while we are between the pages. To our minds is a permissive action, where there are no rules, freedom of action and everything is possible.

It is not the same reading online, it is true that you can save money by downloading free books and you can help not spend as much paper by not printing the texts, but finally after some time you get tired, our eyes complain and many choose to print the texts.

For me nothing is better than the experience of touching and smelling the pages of a book, are the necessary interface for the phenomenon of evasion is complete, because after a while to read, let perceive the printed letters, your eyes run down lines of the paper, but your mind is elsewhere, building what you read. Living what the author tells to you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment