April 8, 2011

Quentin Blake

Quentin Blake is an english illustrator borned in 1932. He has been one of the most british renowned illustrators, specially of child books, with an extensive work that exceedes 300 titles of himself and above 30 with others authors, like illustrator and about illustration. His books have been recognized and have won numerous prizes and awards around the world.


Quentin Blake - Selfportrait


He study arts and things relationated with literature in english universities and then he work in publications and teaching for over twenty years at the Royal College of Art, where he was head of the Illustration department. He is best known for his collaborations with writers like (the most famously) Roald Dahl. With Dahl he has done books such as Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG, The Witches, among others.



And why i like him?

When I knew his work I recognized and remembered all the pictures I had seen in books I read in my childhood and made me feel very excited. I always drew and painted all that stories and characters. Also, I admire the way he has manage to express social criticism in his work while remaining sweet and innocent for childrens.

4 comments:

Moira said...

I like your illustrators.
At least, you will make a lot of illustrations for Children's books.
Enjoy it.-

Nicole Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine Avalos said...

I had never seen his illustrations... seem to be very interesting! Do you draw too? I think

Nicole Andrea said...

I've been listening when you talk about him, but I had never seen his ilustrations before. So thank you for share with us!

Post a Comment