February 5, 2012

One Man Band


Now I will talk about a short film by Disney and Pixar Animated Studios.

I love animated films. Since I was a child I watched Disney movies and later I followed Pixar animations. Beyond the stories of princesses and adventures I like the spirit of these companies.

In this case, Pixar was created in 1986 by Steve Jobs and his team. They started making shorts films working with, in those times, advanced digital technology (including 3D), and their first movie was “Toy Story” in 1995.

“One Man Band” is about a peasant girl how encounters two competing street performers who want her coin, a coin to make a wish at the fountain in the square. She is caught in the middle of a musical duel between the “one man bands”.

The first musician is playing boring without audience, and then, a sophisticated newcomer takes advantage on girl care, how is the only person in the square. They both try desperately to win the girl coin. At the end the coin is lost and the girl takes a violin of one of one musicians and start to play for some coins that surprisingly she receives, and in a very fun way she takes revenge throwing two coins to the fountain.

I love this short film, I think it have a special strategy to express without words, only music.

2 comments:

lourdes said...

This is the first time I watch an animation, but I really loved it. It's very different from cartoons; they look more 'real' or not?

Nicole Andrea said...

Yes! I saw this video on TV!

Post a Comment